Monday, August 22, 2011

Reading lists on steroids

Materials received from the travel company included a 'suggested' reading list that, if completed, would qualify me for PhD's in Ancient Cultures, Biology, Zoology, and Religous Studies. As much as I admire those who aspire to this level of understanding and enlightenment, I needed to find a realistic course for my education. My mission: to have some base understanding of the sights I'll see and the people I'll meet. A plea was posted to Facebook friends to post their favorite books dealing with any of the stops on the trip. Next, reading reviews on Amazon to narrow the list to something I can manage without joining a 'reading' monastery for the next several months. I still needed to attend to every day chores during this preparation period. I also needed to admit I am a reader of average speed at best. No 1000 page tombs grace my list. With a book or two for each destination, I now started considering other aspects that would enhance my traveling experience.

Next: one , two, three...say "Cheese"

No comments:

Post a Comment