Monday, August 22, 2011

Now where did I put that lens....

Let's face it, my fifty year-old-brain just ain't what it used to be. I needed a way to record this trip in some fashion that would keep it alive for years to come. I've admired for years a friend's office wall full of some of the most beautiful photos of a trip to India I've ever seen. These are those vibrant, sole capturing pieces of art we've all admired in travel mags that tell the story of a locale with just a glance. I wanted to be able to take those pictures, tell those stories. My snapping skills to date entailed capturing my children dressed as gators for Reptile Day and trying (but not succeeding) to capture a base hit at a middle school baseball game. Not exactly National Geographic worthy. Where to go for the instruction I needed to step up my game in time for take-off? The aforementioned mag, Net'l Geo, offers weekend workshops to help sharpen photo skills in cities around the country. After consulting the calendar, a reservation was made for NYC in September. I just know these icons of the travel photograph will be able convert me to a passable photographer able to document our travels in a satisfactory way.

Next: outfitting for the world traveler

No comments:

Post a Comment