Monday, August 22, 2011

Details, details, details

Past trips usually involved nothing more complex than what size suitcase I could take or whether I would need to dress for dinners. This one is an entirely different breed with more than one checklist to complete before even being allowed to step foot on the plane. Passports, physicals, shots (and shots and, did I mention, shots), Visas, all details needed to be completed before departure. A visit to the doctor laid out a course for the next six months to update childhood immunizations(thought having the measles at 6 protected you for life, think again), yellow fever shots, anti-malaria pills and assembling a medical prevention kit for all those challenges you hope you won't encounter but need to be prepared for none the less. Am I really ready for a trip that takes this much preparation? Time will tell....

Next: How about to prepare my brain.

No comments:

Post a Comment