Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Ouch, that hurts...

Shots are mandatory for some of our destinations, so today we visited our local county health department to receive the yellow fever and typhoid fever vaccines.  As usual, they scare you to death with all the warnings, particularly the one about your imminent death if you're the lucky 1 in 20,000 that "might" have a very adverse reaction.  I'd call death pretty adverse.  These are better odds than winning the lottery, so I thought I needed to ask a few more questions before rolling up my sleeve.  The very nice and well informed nurse reported not losing a single patient in her 20+ years of doling out shots, so up went the sleeve.  So far all I've experienced is a sore arm but I guess my greatest risk comes next week.  If this is my last entry, you can assume I was the "winner" in adverse risk lottery....

No comments:

Post a Comment