Friday, October 28, 2011

Ready, set......

It's almost here!  We leave in less than 4 days for our big adventure.  There's so many last minute items to take care of: call the credit card companies, make a list for the house/cat sitter, order a turkey for Thanksgiving, pay bills, finish immunizations, get cash,  have gallbladder removed.  Gallbladder removed???? Yep, it had a fear of going to foreign locals so my doctor and I decided it was better to leave it at home.  So long, old friend.

This weekend we have all the last minute packing to finish.  We also want to see as many people before we depart just to tell them how much we appreciate them and would miss them if we end up in a foreign jail with no one to post bail (please, please, look sufficiently distraught if CNN asks you if we're worth risking an international incident to get us safely back to the US of A).  We even made last minute trips to see both of the boys. 

I also have had to concede that I will not receive a degree in ancient civilizations before our departure.  I've read several tombs regarding our destinations, but will have to rely on the experts to refresh my memory at each stop.  At least I tried.

Next post: On the Road

No comments:

Post a Comment